- BUY A WIRELESS PRINTER! Yes, they are expensive. Yes, you do have to pay for the ink. But, you WILL save boocoos of money in the long run! I have an HP wireless printer that I paid $100 for and my ink cost me $100 per year. I print lots of coupons too! There are so many deals to be gotten using printable coupons! And, if you haven't done so, go into your printer settings and change your print quality to draft so it will save you ink. If you get an HP, you can print coupons.com coupons from your iPhone only. (Coupons.com has a contract with HP to only allow coupons to be printed from an iPhone to an HP printer.) Sorry Android people. This is an iPhone perk. ;)
- When I post a deal for a printable coupon, get it NOW! Don't wait because these coupons go FAST. You don't want to be left in the dust when it comes to getting a deal. The same goes for the freebies I post.
- Always check the weekly sales and buy what's on sale. Never pay full price if you don't have to. That's a BIG NO-NO! Stock up if it's a great deal because you never know when it will go on sale again.
- Never just go to any gas station to get gas. Always check to see where you can get the cheapest gas at by using the Gas Buddy App!
- Plan your trips to the store wisely. Don't make special trips to get one or two things when you were just at the store the day before. This wastes gas and you will probably end up buying more than what you went to the store for.
- Check to see how much your spending per kWh for electricity. You can be throwing away hundreds of dollars out the window by not checking this one simple thing. Go here to compare rates for Texas residents. If your out of state, do a simple Google search for "compare electricity rates in ___".
- Stop going out to dinner! Prepare home-cooked meals at home for your family for a fraction of the cost. Eating out is fun but try to limit your eating out to a few times per month.
- Shop yard sales and resale shops. I used to think I was too good to buy second hand but all that has changed since I quit working. Now, I get excited to buy something, even though it's second hand! I've found great deals at yard sales, even things that are brand new with tags. Also, I've recently found the Goodwill store. You would be surprised at what you will find there for cheap! One more way to find great deals is through local buy, sell, trade groups on Facebook. You can also earn money buy selling things you no longer want or need in a yard sale or through your local Facebook buy, sell, trade groups.
- Call your cell phone provider at least once a year and see if you are on the best plan. They can look back at your recent months activities and suggest what you can do in order to save money. There are probably better plans that you can get on which will cost you less!
- Make a budget and stick to it. When you see where your money goes on paper, you will be more aware of how much your able to spend per month.
Tuesday, July 9, 2013
My 10 Money Saving Tips!
Don't throw your money away. Even a few cents at a time can add up! Here's a list of my money saving favorites, in no particular order.