Thursday, May 2, 2013

New Orleans Jambalaya made with Johnsonville Andoullie Sausage


As a BzzAgent, I get free product coupons which I redeem for free products. In turn, I have to use the product and report back to BzzAgent about what I like or dislike about the product. I also am supposed to tell friends about the product and try to encourage my friends to purchase the product as well. Well, tonight, I wasn't sure what to make for dinner and I remembered I still needed to use my Johnsonville Andoullie Sausage so I looked at it and saw that there were three delicious looking recipes on the package. I chose to make the New Orleans Jambalaya because I happened to have all of the ingredients on hand. It turned out delicious and both of my boys liked it. SCORE!  

This sausage sells at Kroger for $3.97 and with this $1.00 off coupon, it's only $2.97. That's a great price for sausage!

Here's the recipe. I only substituted a few things. I usually always do that with a recipe, anyway! 

New Orleans Jambalaya

1 cup chopped onion
1 cup chopped green pepper
2 garlic cloves, minced (I didn't have any so I used some garlic powder)
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 package (13.5 ounces) Johnsonville Andoullie Sausage, cut into 1/2 inch slices (I cut mine thinner)
1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes with green chilies
1 can (14.5 ounces) stewed tomatoes (I used petite diced tomatoes)
1 cup water
3/4 cup long grain white rice (I used brown rice and had to increase cooking time to almost an hour)

In a dutch oven (large pot), saute onion, green pepper, and minced garlic in oil until tender. Add sausage, tomatoes, water, and rice; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until rice is tender.

Option: On pound of raw shrimp, peeled and deveined may be added to Jambalaya during the last 6-8 minutes of cooking time. Cook until shrimp have turned pink.

6-8 servings. Ready in 40 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment